solar flare: maintaining balance during alaska's endless summer light
june 22-24th 2018
Escape to Arctic Adventures lodge for an intimate weekend retreat at a pristine Alaskan lodge. Together we gather for a weekend to celebrate the endless sun light. Disconnect from your day to day to reconnect to yourself. A mid-summer check in to make sure you arrive to fall balanced and free of burn out from our hectic summer schedules. If we don't take some time to recalibrate seasonally we run the risk of having little imbalances manifest as symptoms in the physical body or mind. Be prepared to receive information from yoga and Ayurveda's ancient healing wisdom and learn how to integrate lessons from the weekend into our modern Alaskan lives to help you find greater vitality and balance. We will spend the weekend with hands on learning about about the summer season and how to stay balanced including what we eat and our daily habits of living.
Register soon there are only eight spots for this retreat to keep things more intimate. Two nights and three days of yoga, meditation, nature walks, paddle boarding, discussions on Ayurveda and wellness, fine dining, and luxury accommodations, massage, one on one strategy sessions, rest relaxation, and fun.
- 4 all levels yoga classes taught by Sam Norman yoga teacher, registered nurse, and ayruvedic health counselor.
- 5 Organic, local, and ayurvedic inspired meals. This includes dinner Friday evening, breakfast, lunch, and dinner Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday.
- your selected lodging (see accommodations options below)
- speakeasy open lectures on the basics of Ayurveda and information particularly relevant to how to rejuvenate your body and keep your vitality high
- determine your dosha test
- nature walks
- hot tub
- one private 20 minute strategy session with Sam on wellness and balance that are unique to your needs
- optional acroyoga inspired group play led by Kate Prater to encourage trust, communication, and connectivity
- 60 minute healing session of either tarot reading or massage with Jena Talmadge. Jena is massage therapist and professional trained tarot card reader. One session is included but a second can be purchased for an additional cost.
Deluxe King Shared en Suite: One king size bed, private full bath, robes for the hot tub, luxury linens, and towels provided. This is in the small cabin up the hill and tucked under an eagle's nest with a mating pair. You will be away from the hustle and the bustle of the main lodge and tucked away in your own peaceful wild alaskan retreat. There is a shared sitting room in the cabin with one of the other suites. $575 per person. Please inquire for single pricing
Deluxe Queen Shared en Suite: One queen size bed, private full bath, robes for the hot tub, luxury linens, and towels provided. This is in the small cabin up the hill and tucked under an eagle's nest with a mating pair. You will be away from the hustle and the bustle of the main lodge and tucked away in your own winter wonder land. There is a shared sitting room in the cabin with one of the other suites. $550 per person. Please inquire for single pricing
Group en Suite: This room is located in the main lodge. There are two queen size beds with with a private full bath. Robes for the hot tub, luxury linens, and towels provided. This room can accommodate a party of four with two shared queen beds. $575 per person double occupancy $525 per person for three people and $485 per person for four
Queen Shared En Suite: One queen size bed in the main lodge. Full private bath, luxury linens, towels, and robes for the hot tub provided. $550 per person. Please inquire for single pricing
Private Room: One queen size bed inside the main lodge. There is a bathroom across the hallway from this room but it is not en suite. Robes for the hot tub, luxury lines, and towels provided. $500 per person
How to register:
- Choose which accommodations meet your needs.
- Contact Sam Norman at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your spot. Within 48hours you will receive an email with your reservation contract, yoga waiver, media waiver, and yogi history (practice history, allergies, limitations).
- Your spot will not be reserved until a 30% non-refundable deposit is payed via check or payed credit card over the phone to Sam. Print the forms mentioned in step two and complete. These forms help us learn more about you so we can cater to any needs you may have. Send completed packet with payment to PO Box 873813 Wasilla, AK 99587. We can process your payment with a credit card but there will be an additional 4% processing fee.
- Once your reservation is complete full payment must be received by May 22nd. Upon receiving full payment participants will be sent a packing list, directions to the lodge.
- Arrive June 22nd to Arctic Adventure Lodge between 3-4pm. Our opening gathering and practice will begin promptly at 4:30pm.
- Relax, breathe, evolve, grow, move, and be moved.
- The retreat will close Sunday morning after our morning practice and brunch around noon.